Friday, February 8, 2013

Food and Drink: Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir

 
Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir
One taste and you will fall in love with Meiomi (May-oh-mee)!

I love the richness of a red wine at the end of the day, and typically prefer a merlot.  I discovered Meiomi at a local wine bar and fell in love with this broad flavorful wine. This Pinot Noir is very smooth but full bodied with complex fruity flavorings of blackberry & cherry, similar to a merlot. Meiomi is composed of three Californian regions Monterey Country, Santa Barbara, and Sonoma Country which gives this Pinot a rich flavor profile.

A bottle of Meiomi costs about $20.00 and can be found at the local grocery store...I found my bottle at Publix in the Pinot Noir section (may also be under Californian wines). If you pay more than $20 you paid too much so keep looking, I searched a few places and most places carry a bottle for $20.00. Many high-end restaurants will also carry Meiomi however if your looking to purchase a glass with your meal keep in mind this wine will cost you average $12/glass or $45/bottle.

Red wine typically goes with red meat, you probably knew that, but Meiomi can go either red meat or poultry.  Call me crazy but I do love this with a good juicy burger, cheese and crackers, and of course chocolate (if you check out the Belle Glos website they pair it with bbq so I'm not too crazy).

Hope you enjoy this wine as much as I do and fall head over heals for Meiomi!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment